Pali Instructors come from all over the US with a variety of background and interests. The majority of our staff join our team as a way to take their experiences as a summer camp counselor or administrator and transition into a career in the outdoor field. Employing people with a variety of interests and backgrounds creates an atmosphere of growth and learning among staff and contributes to the experience of students.
We look for staff that are:
- Experienced working with children, ideally in the camping and/or experiential education fields.
- Able to have fun with kids, laugh at themselves and be silly!
- Passionate about Science, Outdoor Education and/or Leadership Development.
- Comfortable and confident teaching and instruction small and large groups of students.
- Willing to learn and grow through constructive feedback.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
In return we can offer:
- Monthly professional development
- Paid staff training and First Aid/CPR certifications
- Off-site housing accommodations
- Community atmosphere, working with like-minded people
- Pro-deals on outdoor gear
- Room and board throughout the program season
- Health insurance after 90 days
Join a community of like minded people ready for the next adventure. After a week in cabin with students, spend the weekend letting of steam and exploring the inland empire! Gather a group to travel the hour to Temecula and enjoy southern CAs wine country. Or lay low at our off site staff houses in the small yet bustling town of Running Springs, CA.
Pali Institute is only 90 minutes from the beach, Joshua Tree, and 3.5 hours from Las Vegas and Yosemite National Park. Do you like to ski, surf, rock climb? Do all three; here you can do them all in one day!
Pali Institute is an innovative outdoor program offering educational experiences near California’s gorgeous Lake Arrowhead and San Bernardino mountains. During their field trip, students will be able to experience learning from a whole new angle.We are extremely proud to be the only residential outdoor education program accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges (WASC), which holds us to more than one hundred professional standards and guidelines.