Practical Solutions for Challenging Issues
The core objective of the Wilderness Risk Management Conference (WRMC) is to offer an outstanding educational experience to help you mitigate the risks inherent in exploring, working, teaching, and recreating in wild places.
This year's WRMC will take place in Porland, Maine, November 1 - 3, 2017 at the By the Bay Hotel & Convention Center. The two and half day conference begins at 5 PM on Wednesday, November 1, with the exhibitor reception and concludes Friday evening, November, following the keynote dinner and address. Pre-conference workshops take place October 31 and November 1.
Attend the WRMC to learn!
Attend the WRMC and gain practical risk management skills, network with others in the industry, share field and administrative techniques, and help develop risk management standards for the outdoor adventure and education industries.
Industry Leaders are attending the WRMC
- Outdoor Program Administrators will benefit from the latest information on risk management and staff training.
- Land Managers will learn to handle responsibly an increasing diversity of recreational visitor traffic.
- Outdoor Leaders will enhance their ability to safely manage program participants.
- Recreation Degree Students will have an opportunity to network with today’s leading outdoor professionals.
- Lawyers and Insurance Representatives will gain insight into working with outdoor organizations.
- Exhibitors will get a chance to develop new markets, promote new products and advertise their services.
- Educate wilderness practitioners on risk management and practical skills.
- Share field and administrative techniques in risk management.
- Influence risk management standards in the wilderness adventure and education industry
- Provide a networking and professional development forum with today’s leaders in the field.