After two years apart, it is time! Time to gather together, explore together, and learn together, in the charming town of Jackson, Wyoming. Join us for the WMS 2022 Winter Conference for unforgettable experience including:
- Keynote Speaker Mirna Valerio (aka “The Mirnavator”)
- Exciting optional hands-on workshops including ice axe, avalanche rescue & resuscitation, foot care, wound closure.
- Interesting optional small group sessions including two wilderness boot camp sessions, improvised wilderness medicine.
- Four exciting pre-conferences: Level 1 Avalanche Course (DiMM candidates only), Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC), Diploma in Mountain Medicine (DiMM) and Advanced Wilderness Life Support (AWLS).
- New conference schedule pattern with a midday break for additional education, networking and time for recreation with family and friends.
- WMS members are invited to participate in the "Together We Achieve More" video contest.
Up to 32.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and FAWM core and elective credits. **FAWM credits awarded depend on personal credit needs and history.
Can’t make it to Jackson? Click here to learn more about how you can participate in this same conference from anywhere as a virtual attendee.
Morning and evening plenary sessions will cover all the essential winter wilderness topics. In the afternoons you can choose from indoor small group sessions and optional hands-on workshops outdoors, or you may choose to take some time off to enjoy outdoor activities such as skiing, snowboarding, and snowmobiling, or to explore the Grand Tetons, the local town, or Yellowstone National Park.
WMS conferences are ideal for medical professionals who engage in outdoor activities, counsel individuals who take part in such activities, or who practice in locations in which they are likely to encounter individuals who have been injured in such activities.
Registration fee includes lectures, all small group sessions, four breakfasts, welcome reception, one ticket to the Wednesday evening keynote banquet, access to the online platform and access to lecture recordings after the conference. You may purchase registration to optional workshops and/or additional tickets to the banquet.
February 27 – March 3, 2022
COVID-19 Safety Protocol
Full COVID-19 vaccine is required for all participants and faculty. Based on current CDC and WHO recommendations, a participant/faculty is fully vaccinated: 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine. Future vaccines will follow the direction of the manufacturer for what is considered full vaccination course. In addition, the following might also be required:
- Negative COVID-19 test
- Social Distancing
INTERESTED IN EXHIBITING?
If you have a product or service that would be of interest to attendees, our tabletop exhibits are a great opportunity to gain visibility. You’ll have daily opportunities for one-on-one conversations during breakfast and breaks, in addition to multiple social events for networking. Click here to learn more.