Viewline Resort Snowmass
100 Elbert Lane Snowmass Village, CO 81615
July 31 – August 4, 2022
After a successful return to in-person conferences this past winter, we can’t wait to gather together again at the 2022 WMS Summer Conference in beautiful Snowmass, Colorado.
Join us – for the first time or the fifteenth – to learn, explore, and grow your passion for inspiring others to be alive in the wilderness. We’ll see you there!
Conference highlights include:
- Keynote speaker Shawna Pandya, MD, who was recently named one of “50 People Changing the World Who the World Needs to Know About” by The Explorers Club
- Invigorating optional Medical Wilderness Adventure Race (MedWAR), allowing you to demonstrate your wilderness survival and medicine skills while satisfying your competitive side.
- Exciting optional hands-on workshops including Breath Holding, Helicopter/Aeromedical Rescue, Battlefield Acupuncture, Scuba-Comms Systems, The Art of Creating SIMS’s and Scenarios,
- Interesting optional small group sessions including Excelling Through Peer Review; EMS Directors Forum; Resiliency, Awareness, Communication, and Success – All for a Purpose, the Greater Good, a Brave New World; Camp Cookoff: Nutrition, Flavor, Fusion; and others.
- Two pre-conferences: Diploma in Mountain Medicine (DiMM), Advanced Wilderness Life Support (AWLS).
- A flexible schedule in a casual atmosphere allows you plenty of time for education, recreation, and networking with friends. Conference attendees can enjoy mountain biking, hiking, fly fishing, climbing, horseback riding, river rafting, and kayaking.
Can't make it to Snowmass? Click here to learn more about how you can participate in this same conference from anywhere as a virtual attendee.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ (amount TBA) and FAWM core and elective credits. **FAWM credits awarded depend on personal credit needs and history.
Snowmass Village is a four-season destination rich in culture and natural beauty—a beacon for adventure-seekers, artists and outdoor lovers. Explore this picturesque town from Viewline Resort, centrally located in the heart of it all. For work or play, endless thrills beckon just outside the hotel.
Morning and evening main-stage lectures will cover all the essential summer wilderness topics. In the afternoons you can choose from indoor small group sessions and optional hands-on workshops outdoors, or you may choose to take some time off to enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, rock climbing, and more.
Registration fee includes lectures, all small group sessions, syllabus, four breakfasts, welcome reception and one ticket to the Wednesday evening banquet. You may purchase additional tickets for your family and friends.
Medical professionals who engage in outdoor activities, including mountain travel, who counsel individuals who take part in such activities, or who practice in locations in which they are likely to encounter individuals who have been injured in such activities.
Registration fee includes lectures, all small group sessions, four breakfasts, welcome reception, one ticket to the Wednesday evening keynote banquet, access to the online platform and access to lecture recordings after the conference. You may purchase registration to optional pre-conference sessions, workshops, MedWAR, and/or additional tickets to the banquet.
July 31 – August 4, 2022 (optional pre-conference events beginning as early as July 30, 2022.)
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOL
- All attendees, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated, received a booster (if the last dose of vaccination was completed more than 5 months prior to the start of a conference) and provide a negative COVID-19 test (PCR test drawn within 72 hours of conference start date or Antigen test within 24 hours of the conference start date).*
- Daily health attestation completed each morning of the conference.
Have you exhibited any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose, sore throat, chills, body aches, fatigue, headache, loss of taste/smell, eye drainage, congestion, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea) during the last 14 days?
- Masks will be required at all times for any indoor events, shared travel, or outdoor activities requiring close proximity.
- Social distancing protocols will be observed as much as possible.
- Information on local testing resources will be available.
- Vaccinated & boosted guests ages 5 years & over may attend events after showing proof of status. Because they are not currently eligible for COVID-19 vaccines, children ages 4 and younger will not be able to attend any events.
*Negative test not required for those with recent recovery from active infection. Proof of positive PCR or Antigen test > 14 days and < 90 days must be provided.
For more information, please read the full COVID Standard Operating Procedures. (Policy is subject to change depending on the conditions at the time of conference.)
INTERESTED IN EXHIBITING?
If you have a product or service that would be of interest to attendees, our tabletop exhibits are a great opportunity to gain visibility. You’ll have daily opportunities for one-on-one conversations during breakfast and breaks, in addition to multiple social events for networking. Click here to learn more.