Adventure Education Contract Faculty
Plymouth State University invites applications for a non-tenure track, full time, benefited position in Adventure Education beginning immediately. The Contract Faculty position in Adventure Education is a 12-month position that is responsible for teaching in the Adventure Education program, managing and supervising Adventure Education related clinical experiences and developing and managing a new Outdoor Orientation program for new students. Contract Faculty positions are full time, with benefits, and renewed annually based on funding, performance and need. The faculty member will have 50% reallocation of time to manage the Outdoor Center including the outdoor equipment rental program and to work directly with the Student Life division in planning and implementing activities and programs for our diverse student body. A primary responsibility of the Contract Faculty member will be to develop and lead the new Outdoor Orientation Program for incoming students. During the summer, the Faculty member will be responsible for supervision of the Outdoor Center staff and planning for Outdoor Orientation that will occur in August.
Acceptable Minimum Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in an appropriate field
- Experience in outdoor/adventure education
- Current Wilderness First Responder Certification
- Experience teaching at a college or university level
- Proven record of leadership and supervision
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience instructing or managing outdoor orientation programs.
- Current LNT Master Educator Certification
- Demonstrated management of equipment and rentals
- AP4210 – Outdoor Orientation Leadership
- AP3510 – Outdoor Clinical Skills,
- AP4200 – Adventure Education Teaching Assistantship,
- Assist in supervising students’ capstone experience
- AP4880 – Adventure Education Internship,
- AP3880 – Adventure Education Practicum,
- AP3890 - Adventure Education Clinical.
Application: To receive full consideration for this position, all applications must be submitted through the online applicant site at: http://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/33607
The position is immediately available.
Applicants should be prepared to provide the contact information for three professional references and upload the following documents when applying online:
Letter of application outlining background and qualifications
Teaching philosophy statement
Copies of graduate transcripts
Three (3) current professional written letters of recommendation*