Adventure Trip Leader
Organize and implement unit program activities. Implement safety standards, procedures, policies for the health and safety of campers and to exhibit good role model behavior with campers. Take campers on horse and adventure trips, as well as other field trips.
1. Supervise campers’ participation in structured and unstructured activities.
2. Be responsible for maintaining the health and safety of campers both in camp and off-site on field trips.
3. Know each girl in the unit, helping her to learn to respect the rights of others and understand and appreciate herself and others.
4. Implement program activities through girl/counselor planning.
5. Lead adventures trips both on and away from camp that include but are not limited to:
(Guides will be provided in some program areas, thus experience is not always required)
• Rock Climbing
• White Water Rafting
• Horseback Riding
1. Make sure campers have appropriate activity attire prior to leaving camp.
2. Maintain and assure appropriate adult to girl ratios with group (2 adults to 12 brownies, 16 juniors, 20 cadettes, 24 seniors plus 1 adult to each additional 6 brownies, 8 juniors, 10 cadettes, 12 seniors).
3. Help campers follow directions and rules.
4. Teach skills necessary to help the camper live comfortably in the camp setting and promote a sense of responsibility toward preservation of natural resources.
5. Supervise and assist with unit cleaning, sanitation and care of supplies and equipment.
6. Help each girl learn to respect the rights of others, and appreciate herself and others.
7. Ensure implementation of Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
8. Assist in the opening and closing of camp.
9. Keep records, create reports, and return completed paperwork on time.
10. Other duties as assigned by supervisor or Camp Director.