Art Program Director
Spend a summer in the beautiful Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia. Make a positive difference in the lives of campers from around the globe by managing and directing the art program at a residential summer camp.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading, instructing, and managing instructors for daily workshops in a variety of applied arts including but not limited to: ceramics, painting, sketching, leather working, woodworking, model rocketry, and classic camp crafts.
- Maintaining inventory and organizing art buildings, supplies, and equipment.
- Creating and implementing art project lesson plans for a variety of ages and skill levels.
Qualifications: We are looking for staff with a positive attitude, a spirit of adventure and a desire to impact each camper in a positive way. Sincerity, enthusiasm, sound judgment, constructive communication and a good sense of humor are all qualities that we value in staff. Additional qualifications for this position include:
- Well developed time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to lead, train others, work independently and as part of a team.
- Desire to work with and instruct youth aged 6-16, as well as to serve as a positive role model for youth.
- Advanced experience in a variety of art applications including but not limited to: Ceramics (hand building, throwing pottery on a wheel, glazing, and operating an electric kiln), Painting and sketching, Nature and recycled crafts, Model rocket building, woodworking project design, leather working, tie-dye, friendship bracelets, and other crafts appropriate for ages 6 - 16.
- Age 21+ preferred.
- Teaching experience in a classroom or camp setting preferred.
- Interest in working hard, learning new skills, and taking on new challenges.
Salary/Benefits: Competitive salary, room, board, internet access and time off in wild and wonderful West Virginia. Working with a group of young people is both a challenging and rewarding experience. Both the campers and the staff who participate have endless opportunities to develop new skills, learn about themselves, and meet new people with a wide variety of talents. All this adds up to an incredible summer experience!
June 3 - August 17, 2019