ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:*
- Lead and support social-emotional, experiential, and outdoor education workshops and activities with a focus on animal behavior, animal husbandry, homesteading activities, and agricultural careers with both at-risk youth and guests.
- Animal husbandry including but not limited to feeding, watering, health maintenance, breeding, cleaning of stalls and pens, etc. of sheep, chickens, cattle, donkeys, horses, cats, farm dog, etc.
- Support the Farm to Table ideals of Blackbird Farm through raising of livestock for meat, egg, and dairy production.
- Equine exercising, training, riding, trail development and maintenance, etc. Lead or support trail rides and arena lessons with guests.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to lift 50+lbs
- Knowledge of horses and other livestock
- Basic animal first aid preferred
- Be able to work independently and also in teams
- Be comfortable with public speaking
$275/WEEK plus room and board
open all year round
Application Closing Date: