Spend a summer in the beautiful Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia. Make a positive difference in the lives of campers from around the globe by managing and equipping our mountain bike programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Instructing mountain bike workshops for campers 9 -16 on a daily basis.
- Providing intermediate bike maintenance for our fleet of mountain bikes.
- Safely supervising and guiding bike trips on single-track, rail trails, and dirt roads for groups of campers.
- Safely supervising and instructing at our mountain bike skills park on site.
- This position also functions as a traditional cabin counselor and includes all the responsibilities involved in that role. See also: Job Posting for Cabin Counselor, Camp Hidden Meadows.
Qualifications: We are looking for staff with a positive attitude, a spirit of adventure and a desire to impact each camper in a positive way. Sincerity, enthusiasm, sound judgment, constructive communication and a good sense of humor are all qualities that we value in staff. Additional qualifications for this position include:
- Well developed leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Desire to work with and instruct youth aged 6-16, as well as to serve as a positive role model for youth.
- Experience with mountain bike mechanics.
- Basic first aid certification required.
- Age 21+ and valid US driver's license preferred.
- Interest in working hard, learning new skills, and taking on new challenges.
Salary/Benefits: Competitive salary, room, board, internet access and time off in wild and wonderful West Virginia. Living and working with a group of young people is both a challenging and rewarding experience. Both the campers and the staff who participate have endless opportunities to develop new skills, learn about themselves, and meet new people with a wide variety of talents. All this adds up to an incredible summer experience!
Summer: June 7-August 15, 2020