Bilingual CX Specialist & Lead Instructor
This position is a combination of Marketing, Customer Service, and program instruction. The purpose of the Customer Experience (CX) Specialist & Lead Instructor is to act as part of a team of liaisons between Keystone Science School and customers as well as Facilitate and attend After School programming. The CX Specialist & Lead Instructor is responsible for upholding the KSS brand in external communications with prospective and currently enrolled clients, which includes both English and Spanish speakers as well as Leading a team of After School instructors at one of our Summit school locations. This position uses phone, electronic chat features, and email to answer questions, comments, and concerns for participants and parents of our programs as well as daily guiding and staff and students through the facilitation of after school programming.
CX Specialist & Lead Instructors act as a registrar and support the collection of program payment and camper paperwork. Additionally, they support parent communication throughout the summer camp season which includes assisting with parent newsletters, social media, and other mediums of parent communication.
CX Specialist & Lead Instructors are responsible for facilitating engaging activities with children, completing administrative tasks, and developing and implementing the after-school curriculum. Responsibilities include prepping and facilitating daily snacks, planning objective focused activities and games, conducting parent and student surveys and assessments, communicating with parents and families, tracking class attendance, and managing all licensing rules and regulations for the site.
The After School program focuses on promoting physical activity, fun games, intentional learning, and a healthy snack to students in grades Kindergarten through 5th grade. The program is grant-funded through partnerships with community organizations.
Given the diverse population of our student body, CX Specialist & Lead Instructors who are fluent Spanish speakers will be prioritized.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participant Communication
- Communicate with participants through phone, in-person, and written mediums, which includes answering programmatic and logistics questions;
- Partner with the Customer Experience Manager and Program Managers to increase registrations for programs, such as Camp Programs and Girls in STEM, through email, online chat applications, and phone;
- Communicate programmatic logistical information to Program Coordinators collected throughout the registration and intake process;
- Draft written information to communicate logistical details to program participants;
- Attend events and fairs to increase awareness and registration for KSS programs.
- Administration and Office Support
- Work with accounts receivable for all fee-for-service programs, which includes reporting and collections of any current or late balances;
- Create and distribute group program agreements and deposit information;
- Collect participant paperwork and disseminate necessary information to various departments within KSS;
- Oversee the purchasing, inventory, and shipping of online orders for the KSS School Store;
- Provide basic office support with the team of Customer Experience (CX) Specialists which includes responsibilities such as mail collection and distribution and office/programmatic supply ordering.
- Content Creation and Digital Marketing Support
- Draft email campaign content and support the management of email lists;
- Collect, organize, and post on KSS social media outlets sharing the KSS story.
- Edit photos and videos to be used within KSS social media outlets;
- Draft blog posts and other content to support the goals of the KSS marketing department;
- Outreach & Events
- Attend tabling events at various locations and event types;
- Conduct kid-friendly activities;
- Coordinate outreach efforts to different members of the community;
- Attend paperwork and information events at schools;
- After School Program Responsibilities
- Emphasis on daily program facilitation of the after school curriculum;
- Plan and manage daily program curriculum and assigned administrative duties;
- Work collaboratively and professionally with a varied group of colleagues to supervise a diverse group of up to 30 elementary-aged participants;
- Prepare and serve snacks using safe food handling procedures;
- Interact with program participants and families with a high level of energy and enthusiasm;
- Supervise and maintain high standards of health and safety, and follow Risk Management policies in all activities;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Verifiable education and/or experience teaching school-aged children in an active and dynamic learning environment (one of the following):
- A four (4) year college degree with a major such as recreation, outdoor education, education with a specialty in health/physical education, art, elementary or early childhood education, or a subject in the human services field;
- Two (2) years of college training (any field) and six months (910 hours) of full-time or equivalent part-time experience supervising groups of four (4) or more children;
- Experience in a leadership role;
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications, or ability to obtain before the first day of employment;
- Age 21+ with an excellent driving record and a valid driver's license;
- Must be able to successfully pass a comprehensive background check.
- Comprehension of the Spanish language via written and/or verbal form;
- Experience working with children with special needs;
- Proficiency with Google Drive and CampSite.