Spend a summer in the beautiful Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia making new friends and having a positive impact! Serve as a cabin counselor at children's summer camp for children ages 6-16. Live in a cabin with another staff member and children, providing leadership and direct supervision of campers, while spending your days assisting or leading a variety of summer camp activities. A great leadership experience and resume builder. Lead, learn, and live this summer at Camp Hidden Meadows.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing a positive role model and excellent leadership for youth.
- Directly supervising a group of 8-14 campers along with another staff member.
- Enthusiastic involvement in a variety of summer camp activities including morning and afternoon workshop instruction, cabin activity leadership, large group activity leadership, and campfire programs.
- Previous camp, youth group, after school, or other youth leadership program experience desired.
- Positive attitude, a spirit of adventure and a desire to impact each camper in a positive way. Sincerity, enthusiasm, sound judgment, constructive communication skills, and a good sense of humor are all things that we value in staff.
- Each counselor should be comfortable in teaching or assisting one or more of the following activity areas: archery, arts, crafts, culinary arts, dance, drama, music, environmental education, photography/GoPro video editing, canoe/kayak/paddleboard/sailing, model rockets, music, outdoor living skills, pottery/kiln operation, mountain biking, mountain boarding, soccer, swimming ,woodworking, backpacking, rock climbing, and/or ropes course.
Competitive salary. Housing, meals, internet access and laundry provided.
Time off in wild and wonderful West Virginia with great climbing and other outdoor adventures close by! We are confident that our staff will gain at least as much as they give this summer. Both the kids and the staff who participate have endless opportunities to discover more about themselves (professionally as well as personally), develop new skills and meet new people with a wide variety of talents. All this can add up to an incredible summer experience!
June 10 - August 19, 2018