Camp Counselor - Resident Camp
Spend your summer making lifelong memories and friendships, while inspiring girls to build their confidence, courage and character!
Girl Scouts San Diego has two unique summer resident camps in Julian, CA where campers explore and experience the great outdoors, while trying new adventures, having fun, and making wonderful memories.
- Camp Winacka - A traditional rustic camp with spectacular views, pool, miles of hiking trails and lakes, where campers choose from programs focusing on aquatics, horses, arts and adventure. Campers and staff sleep in open-air cabins with built-in bunk beds, in platform tents with bunk beds, or on cots under the stars.
- Camp Whispering Oaks - Features a sports field and basketball court tucked amongst oak and pine trees, unique stargazing venues, abundant wildlife and a small, close-knit camp community. Campers choose from programs focusing on science and space, outdoor skills, sports, theater and the arts. Campers and staff sleep in fully enclosed indoor cabins with electricity and paved, lighted pathways winding through native manzanita, oak and pine trees.
As a Resident Camp Counselor you will play a vital role in guiding and creating an amazing and memorable summer camp experience through direct supervision of all aspects of the campers’ day, including facilitating camp activities such as swimming, hiking, arts and crafts, archery, etc.
- Assist in the direction, supervision and organization of campers in their living unit, during activities, and at all times throughout the camp to provide an outstanding camper experience.
- Live with and provide care to campers around the clock. May be required to sleep in cabins with campers.
- Assume responsibility for a unit of campers and guide their experience through a girl/adult democratic planning process.
- Assist in planning, leading, executing and teaching of activities within the framework of individual and group interests and abilities.
- Observe all safety precautions and ensure compliance with all council health and safety rules and procedures.
- Cooperate and participate in all planning and programming of program activities
- Follow and enforce all camp rules, regulations, and council policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 18 years of age and a high school graduate.
- Previous experience working with children and young adults, preferred.
- Have an enjoyment and appreciation for the outdoors.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with campers, staff and volunteers; able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Current and valid CPR and First Aid certification.
- Access to reliable transportation for own transport to camp in Julian, CA.
- Submit health history record prior to first day of work.
- Willingness to accept and support the beliefs and principles of the Girl Scouts Movement and acceptance of the relevant and compelling benefits of Girl Scouting.
- Must be willing to work in an outdoor setting and live on camp premises during the summer.
These seasonal positions begin June 15, 2019 and end August 17, 2019. Meals and lodging are provided.
Currently have twenty-five (25) openings