Spend a summer in the beautiful Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia. Make a positive difference in the lives of campers from around the globe by collecting, editing, and producing photo and video footage of camp.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Taking still shots and video footage of all camp activities daily.
- Producing an end-of-week camp video and collection of high quality camper photos each week.
- Instructing photography and GoPro video editing workshops for campers 9-16.
- This position also functions as a traditional cabin counselor and includes all the responsibilities involved in that role. See also: Job Posting for Cabin Counselor, Camp Hidden Meadows.
Qualifications: We are looking for staff with a positive attitude, a spirit of adventure and a desire to impact each camper in a positive way. Sincerity, enthusiasm, sound judgment, constructive communication and a good sense of humor are all qualities that we value in staff. Additional qualifications for this position include:
- Well developed time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Desire to work with and instruct youth aged 6-16, as well as to serve as a positive role model for youth.
- Experience with still shot and video editing as well as Adobe Creative Cloud programs.
- Personal DLSR camera and/or video camera desired but not required.
- Interest in working hard, learning new skills, and taking on new challenges.
Salary/Benefits: Competitive salary, room, board, internet access and time off in wild and wonderful West Virginia. Living and working with a group of young people is both a challenging and rewarding experience. Both the campers and the staff who participate have endless opportunities to develop new skills, learn about themselves, and meet new people with a wide variety of talents. All this adds up to an incredible summer experience!
Summer: June 10-August 20, 2017