Counselor (in residence)
Organize and implement unit program activities. Implement safety standards, procedures, policies for the health and safety of campers and to exhibit good role model behavior with campers.
- Supervise campers’ participation in structured and unstructured activities.
- Be responsible for maintaining the health and safety of campers.
- Know each girl in the unit, helping her to learn to respect the rights of others and understand and appreciate herself and others.
- Guide and implement program activities through girl/counselor planning and by creating lesson plans each week that reflect the week’s theme.
- Implement various evening and overnight programming.
- Help campers follow directions and rules.
- Teach skills necessary to help the camper live comfortably in the camp setting and promote a sense of responsibility toward preservation of natural resources.
- Supervise and assist with unit cleaning, sanitation and care of supplies and equipment.
- Help each girl learn to respect the rights of others, and appreciate herself and others.
- Ensure implementation of Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
- Assist in the opening and closing of camp.
- Keep records, create reports, and return completed paperwork on time.
- Implement emergency procedures, through regular practice drills or when needed.
- Assist in general daily cleaning of camp and residential areas.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or Camp Director.
- Experience in teaching, guiding and working with children.
- Willingness to subscribe to the philosophy of the Girl Scout program and enroll as a Girl Scout member.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Comfort and ability to live, sleep, and work in a rustic outdoor environment with irregular hours.
- Physical demands and work environment regularly requires the employee to walk, hike, and work outdoors in wooded areas and on uneven natural paths.
Equal Opportunity Employer