Department: Camp Programs
Expected Hours: Minimum 40 hours/week
Dates of Employment: May 20, 2019 - August 11, 2019
Reports To: Camp Programs Coordinator
Housing Available: Yes
Keystone Science School's historic Colorado Rocky Mountain campus serves as base camp for our diverse suite of outdoor education programs. We balance hands-on science activities, field-based exploration, and adventure programming to create engaging learning experiences for our students. Visit www.KeystoneScienceSchool.org to learn more!
Program Overview and Job Summary
The Curriculum Manager works with either the day or overnight Camp Programs and is responsible for planning and coordinating all teaching themes throughout the summer. This includes training other Instructors on the curriculum themes, group management techniques, facilitation styles, and general oversight of all summer program activities.
Main Areas of Focus:
- 30% Teaching;
- 60% Lesson planning and curriculum development;
- 10% Support staff duties.
- Minimum of 460 hours of work experience with school-age children;
- Wilderness First Aid (WFA) and CPR certifications, or the ability to obtain before the first day of employment;
- Age 21+ with an excellent driving record and a valid driver's license;
- Must be able to successfully pass a comprehensive background check.
Competitive weekly salary + room and board is provided at no cost.
Please submit the Employment Application (Seasonal Positions) found at www.KeystoneScienceSchool.org/Employment. All applications will require a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references. For more information, contact the Human Resources department at [email protected] or (970) 468-2098.