Customer Experience Specialist
Employment Class: Full-time Regular
Pay Status: Non-exempt
Expected Hours: 40 hours/week
Dates of Employment/Start Date: ASAP-Ongoing
Reports To: Customer Experience Manager
At Keystone Science School, we believe that the power of inspiring curiosity and critical thinking, through the lens of science, changes lives and strengthens communities. We create future leaders who can problem solve and work together in an ever-evolving world and workplace environment.
Located in Summit County, Colorado, Keystone Science School's historic campus serves as the home base for our diverse suite of outdoor education programs. Our programs balance hands-on science activities, field-based exploration, and adventure programming to create engaging learning experiences for our students. We are committed to serving students from all backgrounds, and we strive to make our programs accessible across the socio-economic spectrum. We value work-life balance and positive work culture, and we offer generous health, welfare, and paid time off benefits. We are passionate about our commitment to education and believe in investing in the personal and professional development of each team member. Visit www.KeystoneScienceSchool.org to learn more!
Department Overview and Job Summary
The purpose of the Customer Experience Team is to act as a liaison between Keystone Science School and our customers. We streamline communications and processes, and we give our customers a seamless experience from start to finish. Customer Experience Specialists are responsible for upholding the KSS brand in external communications with prospective and currently enrolled clients, which includes both English and Spanish speakers. Customer Experience Specialists use phone, electronic chat features, and email to answer questions, comments, and concerns for participants and parents of each program area. Customer Experience Specialists also act as a registrar and coordinate program registration systems including software management, invoice and contract creation and distribution, and accounts receivable for all programs. Given the diverse population of our student body, employment preference will be given to those employees who are fluent Spanish speakers and have experience working with diverse populations.
Keystone Science School strives to educate employees throughout their employment. Professional growth opportunities for Customer Experience Specialists may include:
- Aspects of public relations including press release generation and submission;
- Basic video editing and graphic design using Adobe Creative Suite;
- Marketing strategy and competitive analysis;
- Internet marketing including social media branding, advertising, email marketing;
- Basic accounting and data entries including the accounting software, QuickBooks and Active registration;
- Development and growth within the organization.
The main areas of focus for this position are:
- 25% Participant communication and interaction;
- 25% Administration and office support;
- 20% Email communication and marketing;
- 15% Basic graphic design;
- 10% Social media support;
- 5% Other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with participants through phone, in-person, and written mediums, which includes answering programmatic and logistics questions;
- Partner with the Customer Experience Manager and Program Managers to increase registrations for programs, such as Camp Programs and Girls in STEM, through email, online chat applications, and phone;
- Communicate programmatic logistical information to Program Coordinators collected throughout the registration and intake process;
- Draft written information to communicate logistical details to program participants;
- Attend events and fairs to increase awareness and registration for KSS programs.
- Administration and Office Support
- Work with all accounts receivable for fee-for-service programs, which includes reporting and collections of any current or late balances;
- Create and distribute group program agreements and deposit information;
- Collect participant paperwork and disseminate necessary information to various departments within KSS;
- Oversee the purchasing, inventory, and shipping of online orders for the KSS School Store;
- Provide basic office support with the team of Customer Experience Specialists, which includes responsibilities such as mail collection and distribution and office/programmatic supply ordering.
- Email Communication and Marketing
- Implement direct email marketing campaigns;
- Work with the email database utilizing demographic criteria;
- Pull and distribute reports on email marketing successes;
- Create transactional mass emails for all registrants of KSS Programs.
- Basic Graphic Design & Publishing
- Draft and edit program information packets to be sent to all program participants;
- Draft written newsletters and blogs capturing the KSS story;
- Draft and submit press releases to be shared with media organizations such as newspapers, informational websites, and bloggers.
- Social Media Support
- Assist in the creation and updating of a KSS Social Media Plan;
- Collect, organize, and post on KSS social media outlets sharing the KSS story;
- Edit photos and videos to be used within KSS social media outlets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – Minimum Requirements
- It is not a requirement to have experience within all roles of a customer experience specialist but it is expected that a specialist is a problem solver, takes initiative, and enjoys learning;
- Strong work ethic and will work until the job is complete;
- Motivation to contribute positively to the KSS at-large community;
- Multi-task efficiently while managing a high-volume workload in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Strong command of communication, writing, and organizational skills;
- Effectively interact with people of diverse backgrounds and different levels of experience;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including days, weekends, and occasional nights;
- Ability to work in a busy environment with many distractions in an open office setting;
- Superior customer service skills, with the ability to be creative and think 'outside the box';
- Have an interest in, respect for, and ability to work with children.
Required Education, Experience, and Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to successfully pass a comprehensive background check.
- Bilingual (Spanish);
- Desired computer skills include proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and Adobe.
$16-18/hour, depending on experience. Additional compensation is offered to fluent Spanish speakers. A generous benefits package may be available, including the following:
- 75% employer-paid medical and dental premiums for the employee and dependents;
- Up to 120 paid vacation hours, 96 paid sick hours, and 80 paid holiday hours, pro-rated based on hours worked;
- 401K retirement savings plan with a 3% employer match contribution;
- Discounts for family members on KSS programs, plus access to outdoor industry pro deals and a discounted ski pass.
Physical Demands of this Position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or hold objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit for extended periods of time, stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires the employee to work in close contact with his/her teammates. The office space is small and the employee must have the ability to stay focused while others are working in close proximity. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but varies seasonally due to programs and staffing on campus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee often works outside in various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Keystone Science School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Please submit the Employment Application (Year-Round Positions) found at KeystoneScienceSchool.org/Employment. All applications require a cover letter, resume, and 3 references. Keystone Science School will accept application materials on a rolling basis until this position has been filled. For more information, please contact the Human Resources department at [email protected].