Day Camp Staff
The Day Camp Staff member shall support the mission of Outdoor Journeys Camp Blue Sky in the delivery of the camp experience. All summer programs are hands-on and outdoor based. The Staff member will be responsible for ensuring the safety of campers as they participate in a wide range of camp activities including arts and crafts, group games, Frisbee golf, scavenger hunts, indoor/outdoor games, relay games, basketball, wiffle ball, team building and leading songs/skits. In addition to camp activities the Staff member will be the primary supervisor of campers through all daily activities including meal time, activities, and transitions between activities. The Day Camp Staff member will report directly to their designated Site Leader.
Through the supportive guidance of camp counselors, campers build their own unique community in which each member can experience a sense of belonging, connectedness, safety, acceptance and appreciation.
The Candidate shall understand that he/she is an employee of Outdoor Journeys and shall conduct himself/herself as an ambassador of the organization.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Guide groups of campers through full participation in all camp activities.
- Facilitate large and small group activities.
- Be a positive role model for campers.
- Monitor the health, well-being and safety of campers.
- Abide by and enforce camp policies.
- Punctual and prepared for training and when on duty.
- Communicate with campers, families and staff in a mature and professional manner at all times.
- Attend staff training at Camp Nawakwa, located near Angelus Oaks CA.
- Maintain a clean day camp and activity areas.
- Clean camp areas after programming.
- Keep campers safe at all times.
- Work with Camp Operations Manager for facility needs (housekeeping and maintenance).
- Attend Staff Meetings.
- Report directly to Site Leader.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 18 years of age.
- Desire and ability to work with children in the outdoors.
- Punctual and reliable transportation.
- MUST have a positive “can do” attitude, patience, enthusiasm, and integrity.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to be accountable.
- Ability to work with a wide-range of children, and staff members.
- Ability to take initiative and work both as a team and independently.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds and hike up to 5 miles.
- Current Red Cross First Aid & CPR preferred.
- Ability to pass background check & TB test.
June 20 - July 20, 2018
One of the highest paying camps in California!