Equestrian Program Director
Spend a summer in the beautiful Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia. Make a positive difference in the lives of campers from around the globe by managing and directing the horseback riding program at a residential summer camp.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading, instructing, and managing instructors for daily English-style riding lessons and equestrian camp.
- Maintaining and organizing barn area, tack room, pasture, and arenas.
- Feeding, watering, and providing for the general health and well-being of a herd of 10-12 horses.
Qualifications: We are looking for staff with a positive attitude, a spirit of adventure and a desire to impact each camper in a positive way. Sincerity, enthusiasm, sound judgment, constructive communication and a good sense of humor are all qualities that we value in staff. Additional qualifications for this position include:
- Well developed time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Desire to work with and instruct youth aged 6-16, as well as to serve as a positive role model for youth.
- Advanced experience instructing English riding lessons from beginner to intermediate.
- Ability to get up early to feed, care for, and prep horses for riding each morning before breakfast.
- Interest in working hard, learning new skills, and taking on new challenges.
Salary/Benefits: Competitive salary, room, board, internet access and time off in wild and wonderful West Virginia. Working with a group of young people is both a challenging and rewarding experience. Both the campers and the staff who participate have endless opportunities to develop new skills, learn about themselves, and meet new people with a wide variety of talents. All this adds up to an incredible summer experience!
June 3 - August 17, 2019