We are seeking an energetic and experienced individual to manage and direct our summer expedition programs. Camp Hidden Meadows is located on 250 acres in the mountains of West Virginia surrounded by National Forest. Our coed summer program includes staff and campers from around the globe. This position will manage and lead small group outdoor expeditions and leadership training experiences.
The Expedition Manager is a member of the senior management team. This position is responsible for expedition programs occurring throughout the summer season and involved in a wide range of duties and projects. These include:
- Ensuring that the Leadership Camp and Earth Expedition programs are high quality, challenging, creative, and safe for campers of all abilities.
- Planning, scheduling, preparing gear and food, and managing logistics for out of camp trips.
- Managing groups on-site and off-site at various locations.
- Commitment to youth development and progressive social change.
- Experience leading groups on one or more of the following trips: rock climbing, backpacking, canoeing, overnight camping, orienteering, wild caving.
- Wilderness First Aid required, Wilderness First Responder certification preferred.
- Great attitude and desire to impact people in a positive way.
- Demonstrated group leadership ability, preferably in wilderness settings.
- Age 21 or older.
- Clean driving record and valid US Driver’s license.
Our basecamp is located in the Monongahela National Forest and offers some of the best back country on the East Coast. Fantastic rock climbing is nearby along with hiking trails and nice single track biking. Come explore this area with us!
May 26 - August 17, 2020