We are seeking an energetic and experienced individual to manage and direct our summer expedition programs. Camp Hidden Meadows is located on 250 acres in the mountains of West Virginia surrounded by National Forest. Our coed summer program includes staff and campers from around the globe. This position will manage and lead small group outdoor expeditions and leadership training experiences for campers aged 13 – 16. Please visit http://www.camphiddenmeadows.com/summer-sessions/earth-expeditions/ to learn more about each Earth Expedition and visit http://www.camphiddenmeadows.com/summer-sessions/specialty-programs/ to learn about Leadership Camp.
The Expedition Manager is a member of the senior management team. This position is responsible for specialty camp programs occurring throughout the summer season and involved in a wide range of duties and projects. These include:
- Ensuring that the Leadership Camp and Earth Expedition programs are high quality, challenging, creative, and safe for campers of all abilities.
- Planning, scheduling, preparing gear and food, and managing logistics for two weeks of Leadership Camp and three separate Earth Expeditions.
- Serving as a counselor for campers in a tent camp setting along with a co-leader.
- Managing groups on site and off site at various locations such as campgrounds, climbing areas, wild caves, rivers, etc.
- Commitment to youth development and progressive social change.
- Experience leading groups on one or more of the following trips: rock climbing, backpacking, canoeing, overnight campouts, orienteering, wild caving.
- Wilderness First Aid required, Wilderness First Responder certification preferred.
- Great attitude and desire to impact people in a positive way.
- Demonstrated group leadership ability, preferably in wilderness settings.
- Age 21 or older.
- Clean driving record and valid US Driver’s license.
June 7 – July 25, 2020 (7 weeks). There is also an option to stay on staff for the full summer season (June 7 – August 15, 2020-- 10 weeks) and help with various aspects of the Traditional Camp program.