Under minimal direction, maintains and repairs facilities, cleans guest rooms, and runs work projects with program participants. Assists departments with maintenance and facility needs, and reports facility issues to Ranch Manager.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Organizes facilities equipment and tools; maintains a clean and organized working environment; ensures all necessary material and tools to perform daily work are available and kept in good condition.
- Organizes facilities tasks – keeps track of all things that need to be accomplished
- General maintenance of facilities – weed and tree maintenance, painting, light plumbing and electric repair, replacing light bulbs and fixtures, keeping vehicles in good repair, fueling vehicles etc.
- Cleans guest rooms and bathrooms weekly.
- Updates Ranch Manager about work progress and issues/concerns
- Assists other departments with facilities-related needs
- Runs work projects with program participants
- Assists with other projects and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Highly organized – Able to keep a detailed list of tasks and to organize with regard to priority.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and email; able to use internet
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Working knowledge of facility equipment and tools
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Ability to follow up on task commitments and give updates as needed.
- Willingness to learn and grow skillset
- Ability to do light labor and moving tasks. Able to routinely lift items that weigh 35+ lbs. and occasionally items that weigh 50+ lbs.
- Previous knowledge and experience in facilities maintenance: electrical, plumbing, and vehicle repair a huge plus.
- Previous experience working with youth
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent