The Garden Assistant will assist in the overall production and harvest of the garden.
Essential functions include but are limited to the following:
- Participate in the production, harvesting, and distribution of crops including: soil preparation, planting, cultivation, transplant production, irrigation, harvesting, and distribution to our onsite kitchen and local food banks
- Teach garden related curriculum to a broad range of independent study high school students
- Assist in creating and adapting garden related curriculum
- Manage the garden and Intern/Farmhand crew when the Master Homesteader is not present
- Assist in the maintenance of garden related equipment
- Help supervise and train Intern/Farmhands
- Assist in researching farming methods, pricing, equipment, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Enthusiastic about experiencing a farm lifestyle and a love of cooking, eating, socializing, and sharing with others.
- Must be neat and organized.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1 to 2 years’ experience working with At-Risk Youth
- Prior Camp Resident Advisor or Teaching experience is preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Employee must pass TB Test and background check
- Previous experience working on a farm a plus
- Room and Board
- Meals Provided
- Benefits Available
Application Closing Date: