General Maintenance Volunteer
Volunteer Title: General Maintenance Assistant Volunteer
Availability: As Needed
Location: Camp Small Valley
Responsible for maintenance procedures as assigned by the Director of Facilities Planning and Operations and Facility Associate that will ensure compliance of ACA guidelines along with Federal, State, local laws and codes. Properly maintain the property to be safe, welcoming and attractive for all guests.
- Maintain the site in a neat, presentable and safe condition at all times by completing tasks assigned by the Director of Facilities Planning and Operations and Facility Associate.
- Perform routine maintenance as directed by the Facility Associate.
- As directed by the Facility Associate, provide support services to the camp including but not limited to trash pick-up, moving program equipment, painting, landscaping, pressure washing, clearing brush, sanding, setting up events, and assisting with emergencies.
- Be aware of camp activities and movement of campers and staff when performing maintenance activities. Stop any machinery or movement when campers are in the area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in painting, landscaping, and using light maintenance equipment.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds and ages.
- Ability to handle power tools and operate machinery (e.g. tractors, mowers, weed trimmers, wood splitter, etc.)
- Ability to pass mandated background checks
- Must be able to handle heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds), climb ladders, work on roof or elevated surfaces, stand for long periods of time and traverse rough and/or steep terrain.