Under the direction of the Chef and Lead Cook, the Kitchen Assistant supports school and camp food service operations. The Kitchen Assistant is responsible for preparing and serving meals for up to 190 clients and staff, and meal service includes buffet and “family-style” meals, a sandwich station, outdoor BBQs, and off-site programming. The Kitchen Assistant has high standards for health and safety, and they ensure that all areas of the kitchen, food service areas, and the Rives Dining Hall, including restrooms, are kept clean by following daily and periodic cleaning lists. The Kitchen Assistant may work independently, without direct supervision, in completing their responsibilities. We’re seeking candidates who are hardworking, have great customer service skills, and are motivated to contribute to the KSS community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Lead Cook or Chef, prepare and serve meals and beverages to clients;
- Wash and dry all dishes used in preparation and service, and ensure their proper storage;
- Clean all areas of preparation and service;
- Ensure a high level of health and safety, cleanliness, and food hygiene;
- Adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures.
- Undertake relevant training and development activities, and respond positively to new and alternative systems;
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Minimum 16 years of age;
- Must be able to successfully pass a comprehensive background check.
- Experience in food service is preferred but not required – training is provided;
- Training or certification in food safety;
- Excellent driving record and a valid driver’s license.
We are hiring two Kitchen Assistants.