Job Title: Media Specialist
Classification: Seasonal Part-Time
Pay Status: Exempt
Start/End Date: May 22, 2017 – August 25, 2017
Reports To: Camp Programs Director
Keystone Science School Mission:
Keystone Science School educates youth and adults to broaden perspectives and foster appreciation for engaged citizenship. We accomplish this through meaningful and collaborative learning experiences in the natural mountain environment that incorporate non-biased scientific inquiry, leadership development, civic engagement and academic rigor.
The employees of Keystone Science School collectively work for the Mission, and truly live the Vision and Values! We offer competitive health and welfare benefits, and employee housing (based on the position offered). Our campus is located at 9,200 feet on the site of Old Keystone Village in Keystone, Colorado. Our historic 23-acre campus serves as the ultimate outdoor laboratory and is the home base for our diverse suite of programs. Our facilities include modern log-style dormitories, a central dining hall, an outdoor amphitheater, a state-of-the-art observatory and geothermal field. Visit KeystoneScienceSchool.org to learn more!
Program Overview and Job Summary:
The Media Specialist works with the overnight, teen leadership, and our day camp programs. The Media Specialist is responsible for the overarching vision and execution of all camp video productions. Camp video are shared at the end of each camp session with a purpose of sharing the story of KSS Summer Camp. It is the responsibility of the Media Specialist to work with all counselors and support staff members to assist in the collection and management of all pictures and video clips. This is an amazing opportunity to build your media resume in a fun and life changing environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the quality of the program by upholding the vision and feeling of our campers experience through the creation of weekly (Discovery, Day Camp, Keystone Mountain Adventures, and Specialty Day Camps) slideshows;
- Ensure purchased DVD’s are produced, paid for and sent to clients in a timely manner;
- Support in the creation of the end of summer slideshow;
- Collect and manage pictures and video taken by counselors and support staff members;
- Take pictures and video for use in produced videos;
- Ensure weekly photos and videos are uploaded to SmugMug for client purchase;
- Lead a training session for staff on photo/video protocols and procedures;
- Support KSS Camp team in producing marketing photos;
- Other duties as assigned.
The minimum requirements in knowledge, skills, and abilities for the candidate of our choice:
- Experience with a variety of video and photo editing software;
- Additionally, we require and expect this person to be disciplined in thinking that is clear, rational, open-minded, and informed by evidence;
- Strong work ethic, ability to work independently, and will work until the job is complete;
- Motivation to contribute positively to the KSS at-large community;
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form;
- Multi-task efficiently while managing a high-volume workload in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Superior customer service skills with the ability to be creative and think ‘outside the box’;
- Strong command of communication, writing, and organizational skills;
- Effectively interact with people of diverse backgrounds and different levels of experience;
- Ability to work in a busy environment with many distractions;
- Write reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals with attention to detail;
- Ability to create, manage, and maintain a budget utilizing Microsoft Excel and Quickbooks;
- Ability to track information and manage high volume of data such as contacts, prospective donors, and participating teachers.
- If over 21 years of age, you will be required to participate and pass a driver’s training session. You will be required to drive a 15-passenger van;
- Abide by and uphold the policies and procedures set forth by the Keystone Science School.
In addition to the above-required talents, our ideal candidate will have these preferred skillsets:
- Desired computer skills include proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), Quickbooks, iMovie, iPhoto, and Adobe Creative;
- Comprehension of the Spanish language via written and/or verbal form.
Our travel expectations:
- There will be no travel outside the state, but a lot in Colorado and around Summit County.
Our required experience, and certifications:
- Clean DMV and Federal Background report;
- Minimum CPR and First Aid certified;
You will be required to provide copies of these certifications prior to your arrival.
- A minimum of 1 year of media production experience.
The physical demands of this position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or hold objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift and carry at least 40 pounds for an extended duration. The employee is occasionally required to travel for extended periods over rugged terrain. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Our work environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires the employee to work in close contact with his/her teammates. The office space is small and the employee must have the ability to stay focused while others are working in close proximity. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but varies seasonally due to programs and staffing on campus.
Keystone Science School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Please submit the Employment Application found on the Keystone Science School Employment Page. In your cover letter, please include desired salary, and attach resume. Application materials must be submitted by February 12, 2017. However, materials will be accepted until position is filled.