Mobile Outdoor Recreation Leader
MSCR (Madison Schools & Community Recreation) enhances the quality of life for individuals in the Madison Metropolitan School District and the community by providing recreation and enrichment opportunities year-round that are accessible to all.
The Mobile Outdoor Recreation Leader is responsible for planning and implementing creative and unique physical activity experiences through games, relays, and drills and/or planning and implementing environmental education activities to youth in various settings. The Mobile Outdoor Recreation Leader will also represent MSCR at select community events.
Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Must be comfortable working outdoors all day in varied weather conditions
- Background, training, education in sports, recreation, physical education or knowledge and experience on environmental education youth programming.
- 2+ years working with youth, program planning, and demonstrated experience planning creative and engaging activities with limited supplies.
- Experience planning projects for small and large groups
- Personal interest in programming outdoor activities for children
- Experience working with diverse populations preferred
- Must be comfortable driving 15 passenger van, must have valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Programming experience, must be able to work with children.
Flexible Start Date with right candidate!
40hrs/wk, Mon-Friday 9am-7pm (Hours Vary) with some weekend hours.
Please attach your resume and a cover letter with your application.