Open Enrollment Coordinator
The Colorado Outward Bound School (COBS) is a non-profit adventure-based education organization that emphasizes personal growth through challenge and experience. For over 50 years, our wilderness courses have focused on inspiring responsibility, teamwork, confidence, compassion, and environmental and community stewardship.
The Open Enrollment Coordinator is a sales position, responsible for growing and maintaining youth-based relationships with COBS, with a heavy emphasis on summer and semester enrollment.
Supervised by the Business Development Manager, and working closely with the Admissions Director, the Enrollment Coordinator builds and maintains relationships with potential and enrolling students and partners via sales and outreach efforts and relationship maintenance to recruit and enroll students on course.
Explore new opportunities to build the COBS brand and revenue through connecting our school’s philosophy, methods, and experience with middle and high school partners, families and individual students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a full sales cycle with a focus on prospecting/ identifying qualified leads, nurturing non-qualified, pitching and closing.
- Develop and implement prospecting strategy with communication tactics for each lead source and/or audience segment.
- Develop and implement an ongoing communication plan with qualified leads via text, phone, in-person visits, and email reminders.
- Plan/attend outreach and tabling events, seminars, career fairs, student and other events as pitching and engagement opportunities and to support non-qualified lead nurturing.
- Actively build and maintain a portfolio of new and existing partners to generate individual enrollments through initiating sales calls, pursuing new enrollment opportunities and setting meetings.
- Support individual students to facilitate their recruitment, application, enrollment, and scheduling.
- Timely and accurate data entry into CRM.
- Research, understand and report to sales and marketing team relevant trends at a regional and national level to inform strategy.
- Manage, and respond in a timely manner, to the daily volume of communication from enrolling students to meet the goals and enrollment process deadlines of the Admissions Department, including highly accurate data entry in accordance with enrollment procedures.
- Provide superior, friendly, responsive and informative customer service to enrolling students and their families.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist as a “support champion” within COBS, our course-area communities, and the Outdoor Education industry for the utilization of scholarships.
- Produce monthly communication for a variety of stakeholders: students, families, program, staff, the board of directors about student successes and outcomes.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively as a team member.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Able to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously, including scheduling of deadlines to ensure tasks are done in a timely efficient manner.
- Proficient with PC in Word, Excel and Salesforce
- Ability to organize, plan and direct programs.
- Self-motivated and proactive work ethic; able to identify tasks and steps needed to meet both immediate and long-term goals of the scholarship program and execute with minimal supervision.
- Personal passion for the impact and importance of COBS programs to both individual recipients and the outdoor education industry.
- Demonstrable ability to be resourceful and dependable.
- Ability to problem solve both independently and as a collaborative team member.
Education and Work Experience
- Demonstrated sales skill, with sales of experience-based product preferred.
- Connection to local education organizations preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
- Works out to the Denver, CO office.
- Occasional work weekends and evenings
- Occasional travel required, primarily in the Colorado Front Range
Compensation & Benefits
- 40 hours a week, hourly
- $35,000-$40,000 Base Range + Commission
COBS offers a generous PTO, Health, Vision and Dental package with access to Short, Long term Disability, Life and Accident Insurance, prodeal and a number of fringe benefit programs.
Application, cover letter and resume to Jason Davis (he/him), Business Development Manager.
Colorado Outward Bound School celebrates diversity and strives to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of a person’s race, LGBTQ+ identity, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is based on qualifications and business needs.