Outdoor Education and Retreats Program Instructor
Outdoor Education and Retreat Program Instructors are responsible for facilitating various programs and activities at YMCA Camp Copneconic during the Fall and Winter seasons. Applicants should be outgoing and energetic people who love working with kids in the out of doors. Instructors will teach a variety of activities that will range from High Ropes and Low Ropes Courses, to Archery, Kayaking, Nature Hikes, and much more. Training is provided.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Facilitate day & evening activities for schools and retreat groups in the areas of:
- Environmental Discovery
- Adventure and Cooperative Learning
- Recreational Fun
- Traversing and Appreciating Nature
- Historical and Cultural Lessons
- Facilitate arrival and departure for schools and retreats.
- Keep program participants safe both physically and mentally.
- Attend all trainings and in-services as required.
- Vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, cleaning beds and emptying trash cans in cabins and lodges when groups leave.
Fall Season Begins: August 27
Winter Season Begins: January 7
$370 - $390 Per Week
Must be at least 18 years old at the start of employment. Experience in camping and outdoor recreation is preferred. Successful candidates will have the ability to display flexibility, customer service, and work as a team. Must be safety conscious and have the ability to enforce rules. Job requires ability to walk, stand, sit, bend, lean and kneel in a variety of indoor and outdoor locations. Must be able to lift at least 50lbs. Must have the ability to lead and participate in physically strenuous activities in an outdoor environment.