TEACH OUTDOOR AND ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Teach day and evening classes, manage student groups and interact positively with all clients, general public and other Ashokan staff.
- Participate in teacher information sessions and medical meetings.
- Assist with cleaning and maintenance of facilities related to educational programs including dining hall, craft shops and bunkhouses.
- Supervise students during recreational periods on our athletic fields. As well as the shared responsibility of supervising residential students overnight in our bunkhouses.
- Share responsibility for maintaining effective communication between instructors and all teachers and students.
- Facilitate large group discussions and shared responsibility of running student meals in our dining hall.
Full time employee benefits include:
- Room & Board for residential field instructors.
- Paid training sessions for all curricular areas, organizational systems, staff expectations, safety and emergency response.
- Access to prodeals.
- Internet available at staff house.
- Fall through spring, (September–June) with a move-out period from Dec 18 through Jan 8
- Residential staff start with an hourly rate of $10.40. Off-site staff start with an hourly rate of $11.40
Application Closing Date:
August 13, 2018
Job Salary Range:
Job Degree Level:
Job Starting Date:
Environmental Education Program/Center
Outdoor Education Center