Outdoor Excursions Program Coordinator
Job Number 201806271561
Full/Part Time Full Time
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Red Cross CPR.
Standard First Aid Training Certification.
Wilderness First Responder Certification
Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
Minimum 1 year experience in programming involving outdoor equipment and trips. Proficient in at least three of the following, with commitment to continued skill development: sea kayaking, snorkeling, rock climbing, surfing, paddle boarding, sandboarding, bicycle maintenance, map and compass/GPS navigation, teaching wilderness first aid, natural and cultural history.
Ability to successfully pass FBI and DOJ Criminal Check.
Must posses or obtain a valid driver's license in accordance with the California Department of Motor Vehicles.
Ability to drive and provide transportation for students and/or participants to and from event sites.
Strong service orientation; program management, sound judgment and decision-making, critical thinking skills, skills to develop original ideas, creative problem solving skills in a varied and challenging environment.
Client service focused, entrepreneurial spirit and creative thinking skills to resolve non-standard issues.
Ability to work in youth camps, fitness and outdoor programs.
Highly effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across the organization.
Thorough knowledge of program activity and industry best practices.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey.
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details
View complete Job Description for this position
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/9k9w4ncz4hy5s6k4