Overnight Camp Instructor
Overview: Overnight Camp Instructors serve as a field risk manager, educator, mentor and steward
as they facilitate a great summer camp experience for youth. Big City Mountaineers Camp
Instructors model excellent camp behavior while facilitating an invaluable experience that will
ultimately help the youth feel more empowered in their everyday lives back home.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Minimum of First Aid/CPR (WFA or higher preferred)
- Proven ability and desire to effectively lead, motivate, communicate with, encourage, and manage youth of diverse backgrounds
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Pass BCM Background Check
- Overnight Camp facilitation (daily schedule, group activities) and curriculum achievement
- Uphold a safe and successful programming, abide by BCM policies and conduct
- Management of Youth Agency Leaders and adult volunteers
- Camp pre- and post- season logistics (training materials, menu planning, supply lists, maintain inventory, activity materials)
- Be a positive and enthusiastic leader
- Fluency in Spanish
Reports to: Overnight Camp Manager
Dates: 8 Camps from June 24, 2019, to August 1, 2019. Priority given to applicants able to instruct
a full season. Competitive compensation based on experience.
Location: BCM Headquarters (Golden, CO) and Camp Management (Genesee, CO)
Application instructions: To apply, send resume to our Overnight Camp Manager, Dana Matsunami at [email protected]. Include “Overnight Camp Instructor” in the subject line.
We are looking for 3 camp instructors this season. Please reach out to Dana directly if you are interested in the position.