Rocky Mountain Pathways Ranch is located in Allenspark, CO near Estes Park. RMPR was established to provide experiential and social/emotional programming to students that are at risk of not graduating from high school. Students visit the Ranch for 10 days in which they participate in a variety of fun and educational activities such as horseback riding and hiking and also complete lessons led by our programming staff. Students also learn a great deal as they help out on the ranch by assisting in the barn and kitchen, tasks for which they receive community service hours they need for graduating.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Follow Pathways’ guidelines to hire, train, and supervise ranch staff.
- Evaluate staff performance and serve as contact person for problem resolution or guidance.
- Conduct in-service training programs and supervises new staff development.
- Assist Programs Supervisor in identifying and grooming new supervisor candidates.
- Perform other functions and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to train, direct and delegate responsibility to staff.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, exercising reasonable judgment, in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to synergize with colleagues and corporate staff to manage and monitor the growth of the company.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and demonstrate problem-solving skills, while maintaining courtesy, professionalism, and a customer service attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and database management.
- Supervisory or managerial skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Professional, mature and experienced working with a wide range of populations (experience with both youth and adult clients)
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Supervisory experience at an organized camp
- At least 1 year experience in a leadership role since turning 18 years old
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must be willing to complete a medical exam after hire
- Teaching Credential Preferred