Program Instructors are responsible for preparation, delivery, and follow up of programs offered through the School Programs, Teambuilding, and Group and Family Retreat departments at Frost Valley YMCA. Applicant must be able to effectively communicate and interact with students and guests of all ages. Frost Valley YMCA seeks to promote an awareness of the interrelationships of the natural world through the natural sciences. Frost Valley YMCA seeks to promote healthy lifestyle alternatives through individual and group decision making activities and structured socialization experiences.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Education, Environmental Studies, Outdoor Recreation, or a related field. Equivalent life experience working with children is also accepted. Must have a firm commitment to changing the world through working with children from diverse backgrounds and a firm commitment to guest service. Standard First Aid and CPR are required and if you do not have it you will be trained upon arrival. Please see our School Programs and Group and Family Retreat pages on our website for descriptions of the programs offered.
Salary and Benefits:
$55-65/day DOE, Room and Board included.
- Medical/dental/life insurance effective the 1st of the month, after completing 60 days.
- Eligible for YMCA retirement after 2 years with immediate vesting. Can participate on a pre-tax basis before eligibility and roll-over options available.
- Shared and individual housing with own private room.
- On-site/Off-site training provided for environmental education, conference, and teambuilding activities.
Start and End Dates:
We are looking for passionate staff to fill our team of Program Instructors.
Now accepting resumes and applications for:
- School Year August 21, 2017, through June 17, 2018
- Fall 2017 August 21, 2017, through November 19, 2017