Program Specialist - Sports and Games
Provide specialized program, leadership and consulting in archery, fishing and age appropriate games.
- Plan, organize and implement specialty program that is appropriate to each unit's age level, interest, and when possible by girl planning.
- Maintain an organized and clean facility, equipment and supplies; report needed repairs.
- Specialty projects:
- Maintain inventory of equipment and supplies, and monitor daily use.
- Train staff to become comfortable with equipment and resources available for unit time use.
- Provide archery and fishing instruction and supervision.
- Develop and coordinate all camp health and wellness initiative.
- Assist with coordinating All-Camp activities, campers’ choice activities, and other specialty programming.
- Supervise campers’ participation in structured and unstructured activities.
- Incorporate Girl Scout program portfolio when appropriate and report badge requirements weekly.
- Interpret, enforce and implement state, American Camp Association and Girl Scouts safety guidelines and standards.
- Teach skills necessary to help the camper live comfortably in the camp setting and promote a sense of responsibility toward preservation of natural resources.
- Keep records, create reports, and return completed paperwork on time.
- Assist with daily general cleaning of camp.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or Camp Director.
- Interest, experience, and/or training in specific program specialty. Archery Instructor certification required.
- Willingness to subscribe to the philosophy of the Girl Scout Program and enroll as a Girl Scout member.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Comfort and ability to live, sleep, and work in a rustic outdoor environment with irregular hours.
- Physical demands and work environment regularly requires the employee to walk, hike, and work outdoors in wooded areas and on uneven natural paths.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Application Closing Date:
Until position is filled