Resident Advisor/Camp Counselor
Rocky Mountain Pathways Ranch is located in Allenspark, CO near Estes Park. RMPR was established to provide experiential and social/emotional programming to students that are at risk of not graduating from high school. Students visit the Ranch for 10 days in which they participate in a variety of fun and educational activities such as horseback riding and hiking and also complete lessons led by our programming staff. Students also learn a great deal as they help out on the ranch by assisting in the barn and kitchen, tasks for which they receive community service hours they need for graduating.
Resident Advisors support small groups of students for our 10 day Ranch Leadership and Character Development programs. The RA’s assist, teach, and participate with students in a variety of activities, oversee bunk style sleeping arrangements, and assist with other duties/activities to support program goals. In addition, RA’s are periodically asked to help with retreats and other ranch activities outside of student programming.
- Sleep in Student Housing to assure safety and camp guidelines are being met
- Establish team or cohort connections with assigned Campers
- Conduct meetings with students and chaperons daily
- Liaison and manage relationship between Pathways and Camp Clients
- Support Students in Experiential Learning Activities and create a safe environment for them.
- Facilitate Small Group Discussion and Debrief with students.
- Responsible to get all students to activities on time
- Set emotional tone for activities
- Motivate students throughout the camp process.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 to 2 years experience working with At-Risk Youth
- Prior Camp RA or Teaching experience is preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Employee must pass TB Test and Physical Examination
- Must hold valid driver license for at least the past 3 years
- Clean driving record
Several positions open and available right now