Resident Support Staff
Pacific Quest is an outdoor therapeutic program for struggling teens and young adults, located on the Big Island of Hawaii. Pacific Quest offers a clinical, yet holistic approach to treatment, moving beyond traditional wilderness therapy and teaching sustainable life skills.
Pacific Quest's proprietary therapeutic model is a groundbreaking approach that utilizes Horticulture Therapy to create concrete metaphors for its students as they cultivate their own health and happiness.
Pacific Quest cultivates Sustainable Growth in our students, in our families, in our communities, and in ourselves.
To assist in the mission of Pacific Quest to provide individualized, sustainable, personal development within a safe, structured, experiential and natural environment in a culture of unconditional support and personal responsibility. The primary purpose of this position is student safety. In addition, this is a flexible/dynamic position providing student transportation, housekeeping, administrative and overnight guide support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works under the supervision of the assigned House Supervisor and Field Manager teams
- Keep watch over students at rest
- Fulfills administrative duties as assigned (i.e. totes, paper shredding, oracles, etc.)
- Support Programming and Logistical needs as assigned this includes
- Housekeeping duties
- Food preparation support
- Immediately notify supervisor in the event of a crisis
- Accurate documentation of all incidents involving students and guides
- Remain alert, awake, and quiet through the overnight hours while assessing student safety fronting the bunks; 15 minute bed checks once clients are asleep
- Routinely scheduled security checks throughout facilities
- Maintain consistent communication with Supervisors regarding Student Activities
- Drive company vehicles in emergency situations / evacuations, and for transports
- Transport clients upon arrival / departure / medical appointments
- Must have flexibility and be available to report to work during various work shifts, and at alternate worksites
- Facilitate Student Outfitting process and perform Student Body checks as assigned
- Provide deescalation techniques, regulating techniques and enforce boundaries with students
- Must attend monthly staff meetings and mandatory trainings
- Facilitate Red Alerts when / if the need arises, and participate in alert and evac drills
- Additional duties as assigned
- Fill in as needed for logistical and field needs, which could include working in other capacities as needed, and assigned
- Participate in the review process at the 90day, 6month, and 1year marks
- Mandated overtime is required if relief staff does not show up for shift
- Experience working with atrisk populations (preferred)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work safely and alertly during work hours
- Requires ability to be a team player, to form mutually respectful relationships with employees and to grow professionally in meeting the challenges of the position
- Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Must maintain current CPR and First Aid certifications. CPR certs must be a classroom training, no substitutions can be accepted for First Aid certs (i.e. WFA, WFR, etc.).
- Must maintain CPINonviolent Crisis Intervention training (provided by Pacific Quest)
- Occasional participation in trainings during daytime hours is required
- Successful completion of a thorough background check and drug screen
- Annual physical and TB clearance required
- Must be 21 years or older
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised
- Ability to maintain a quiet and safe work environment
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner
- Able to lean into challenges and give 100% while at work
- 4pm-1am or 12am-9am, depending on shift, but may vary according to operational needs
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, frequent sitting, standing and walking, may be required for long periods of time and may involve climbing stairs, walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and or moving up to 50 pounds.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.