Ropes Course Director for Summer Camp
Westtown School, a Quaker day and boarding school, located in Chester County, PA, is looking for a full time Ropes Course Director for its Summer Camp. This position will lead the summer camp challenge course team. Responsibilities include daily planning and program development, facilitation, and supervision of all aspects of the program on our high/low ropes course. Responsible for physical upkeep of the course, checking elements, daily set up and breakdown of the ropes course as well as tracking, organizing and documenting gear use. Must maintain high level of physical & emotional safety of campers and staff and meet all ACA (American Camp Association) & ACCT (American Challenge Course Technology) industry standards. Dates of Employment: early June —mid-August, 2019, this includes a week of staff training and end-of-season debrief.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage staff of 3-4 facilitators
- Maintain positive culture of team work and support with campers and staff
- Adherence to Westtown Ropes Course Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for both high and low ropes course
- Inspect gear including element, ropes, harnesses, helmets, and hardware before and after every use of the challenge course element
- Track and report incidents
- Oversee all climbing activities including spotting, belaying and climbing to ensure participant safety.
- Ability to perform rescues
- Must have ACCT Level 2 Certification or equivalent
- 2+ years experience working with children, supervising staff, managing high & low ropes course
- Employment is contingent upon successful demonstration of technical skills
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Age 21+
- Wilderness First Aid and CPR certification preferred
- Completion of application, reference checks, and satisfactory background checks
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary, housing may be available.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
Brian DeGroat, [email protected]
Director of Auxiliary Initiatives, Summer Camp Director