Ropes Course Instructor
Camp Skylemar, is in search of college students who want to make a positive difference in the world and facilitate on our ropes course/climbing wall this summer. As a staff member at Camp Skylemar, you'll be a leader, teacher, mentor and hero. For additional information click here or Apply here! Watch a Skylemar video here.
Skylemar is looking for individuals who are:
- Fun, kind & creative.
- Enthusiastic about working with boys ages 7-16.
- A positive role-model.
- Able to share our belief that nothing is more important than safety.
- Comfortable teaching all levels, from the nervous to experienced.
- Responsible, Supportive & patient.
Compensation package includes:
- Salary starting at $2,700
- Travel expenses
- Staff clothing
- Internship credit is available
- Free instructor/facilitator certification course
Camp season runs from June 15 to August 15. Applicants must have completed at least one year of college.
Camp Skylemar is a well-established (since 1948) recreational summer camp, located in the Lakes Region of southern Maine. Enrollment is limited to 200 boys from across the country as well as abroad, who attend for 7 weeks. Camp Skylemar has provided outstanding instruction, within a warm, nurturing, friendly and family atmosphere, for over 70 years. If kids are fun to you, you will find that being a counselor at Skylemar is not only a great way to spend the summer, but perhaps the best job you’ll ever have.