School Year Camp Nurse
Pali Institute is seeking enthusiastic nurses with a strong work ethic to join our outdoor education family. We are a rigorous, fast-paced, fun program constantly striving to develop exciting outdoor curriculum for students in grades 4-12th. The camp nurse is an administrative position that is responsible for the health and well-being of students and staff. The nurse is responsible for compiling all vital medical information on visiting students, relaying info to instructor staff, providing first aid when necessary, dispensing all medications to students, and maintaining accurate logs on all information. They are also expected to maintain a clean and prepped wellness center.
• California LVN license.
• Experience in pediatric, school, camp, outpatient or emergency care is preferred.
• Positive role model for instructors.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to effectively and tactfully communicate (verbally and written) concerns, feedback and information to staff, administration and teachers.
• Understand and apply pertinent personnel policies, laws, rules and regulations.
• Must have demonstrated good judgment and decision-making ability.
• Must be approachable.
• Must have initiative and be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be 100% organized.
• Must be flexible and diverse in philosophies to work with various types of school groups.