Seasonal Instructors (Feb to May 2019) (Deadline: 14 Dec)
Hong Kong’s leading provider of life-changing experiential education programmes is seeking Instructors for 2019.
- To be able to run Outward Bound courses effectively and with intentional focus to provide the very best educational outcomes for Outward Bound Hong Kong’s clients.
- To be an independent and self-sufficient instructor running a wide variety of programmes in a residential setting but predominantly concentrating on journey based courses using sailing, sea kayaking and hiking as the mode of transport.
- To maintain high standards of safety at all times and maintain good working relationships and practices throughout the different departments that they work with.
- Minimum 21 years old
- Bronze Medallion Life Saving or equivalent
- Wilderness First Responder Certificate or equivalent (including AED certification)
- Hard skill experiences in sea kayaking, rock climbing, low ropes and hiking.
- A history of working with youth in an educational setting.
- APIOL or higher
- Completion of an outdoor training programme (e.g. Degree, Diploma)
- 2 NGB assessed awards
- Sailing experience
- Conversational Cantonese
- Outward Bound experience (other experiential education providers will also be considered)
- A belief in developing human potential
- Open and honest communication skills
- A willingness to be flexible in regards to situations, working hours and conditions
- An eye for detail and safety
- A willingness to train and develop fellow staff
Application Closing Date:
30 Jun 2019
3 - 5 years
Job Degree Level:
Job Starting Date:
Experiential Training & Development
Outdoor Education Center