Senior Expedition Leader (Youth Development)
The Montana Conservation Corps (MCC) is currently accepting applications for Senior Expedition Leader positions! Here at MCC, we focus on the growth of our participants, positively impacting our climate and environment, and transferable job skills. Leaders and their crews will camp while working on physically demanding and essential natural resource and conservation projects on some of the most breathtaking landscapes in the Northern Rockies and Plains. Our crew leaders go through a leadership development program crafted over two decades to enhance their confidence, resilience, and technical capabilities. As a Senior Expedition Leader, you will flow between the roles of teacher, mentor, and coach. You will work to help Expedition Leaders encourage youth in the worlds of conservation and stewardship. If you are looking for something unique and want to make a positive impact on the environment and the next generation of land stewards, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Location: Bozeman and Kalispell, MT
Program Dates: 3/7/2022- 08/26/2022
Living Allowance: $900 biweekly before taxes are taken out
AmeriCorps Education Award: $3,247.50 upon completion of the program
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions to learn more!
There are multiple benefits with an AmeriCorps Term of Service!
MCC seeks to provide access and opportunity to a diverse group of staff and participants, while continuing to identify and reduce barriers to being involved in our organization and programs. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
- High school degree, GED, or willingness to work towards obtaining a GED
- 21 years old on the start date of the program
- Valid driver’s license, ability to pass a Motor Vehicle Records check
- US Citizen, National, or Legal Permanent Resident
- Ability to pass a National Service Criminal History Check
- Ability to hike 3-12 miles per day in terrain that can be steep, rocky or uneven, often wearing a 45lb backpack while carrying tools and sometimes backpacking with full packs of 60 – 70lbs
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds repeatedly and use hand and power tools
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with youth
- Ability to obtain Wilderness Advanced First Aid. (Training offered by MCC)
- Demonstrates strong service ethic and desire to serve the community and the environment
- Embraces willingness to work long, hard hours in all weather conditions; ability to be away on overnight trips for up to 1-26 days at a time
- Commitment to completing term; available for duration of entire term of service
- Passion for working with youth and the outdoors