Service-Adventure Trip Leader
Would you like to help lead high-school aged campers in planned service and adventure trips that travel to West Virginia and Canada? We volunteer in food banks with Feeding America and assist in building projects with Habitat for Humanity. If you have the ability to lead youth, as well as, participate in a wide range of community service projects and help the campers debrief daily about the experience – this would be an exciting summer to work at Coniston!
Our two Service Trip Leaders work together with 12 teen campers on each of these 10 to 12-day trips that include arranged community service projects in the Appalachian Region, as well as, several outfitter experience such as whitewater rafting and rock climbing. These trips are in high demand from our campers!
We are seeking leaders who can provide campers an overall experience that fosters the importance of giving back to the community.
Prior to the summer training and trips with campers, the Service-Adventure Trip Leaders tour the seasonal International Staff around the local area for a few days to experience New England culture and become familiar with the area, and meet fellow Coniston staff.
This trip leader position can be and has been utilized to meet internship requirements. If you are interested in this as an internship opportunity please state that in your application.
- Physically able to prepare for, participate in, and lead campers in community service and wilderness activities involving light construction, moderate lifting and carrying (25+ lbs), hiking, backpacking, kayaking, white water rafting, mountain biking, rock-climbing and ropes challenge courses.
- First Aid, CPR & AED Certified
- At least one Staff Leader on the team must be: Lifeguard Certified, Wilderness First Aid Certified, (Coniston will pay for the course but it must be completed & passed prior to the contract start date)
- Must be 21+ years old with a valid driver's license, good driving record and able to drive the 15-passenger mini-bus
- Days off are mid-week between trips
- $3000 with room and board included
Tuesday June 13, 2017 - Saturday August 19, 2017
With the option for an additional work week if desired.