Site-Based Programs Coordinator
This Student Program Coordinator reports to the Assistant Director, position #6316 of Campus Recreation department. This position supervises approx. 25 student employees. This position is responsible for approximately $75,000 of funding for Challenge Course and Riverfront Park programs.
Oversee all aspects of the Challenge Course Program. Develop, deliver, market, and evaluate outcome-specific challenge course curricula based on current models of organizational and leadership development. Responsible to recruit, hire, train, schedule, and evaluate 20-30 student employees. Contribute to the administration of the Campus Recreation department by establishing outcomes and assessment plans, managing budget and evaluating risk management of all site-based experiential programs.
- Develop, market, deliver, and evaluate outcome-based curricula for leadership and organizational development. Develop student and temporary employees to deliver and assess high quality educational and training programs.
- Manage all clients utilizing the challenge course including: intake, scheduling dates, tracking and recording data, paperwork and payment information. Maintain USF student utilization and expand corporate/nonprofit clients. Must be able to work at heights over 50' or more.
- Recruit, train, schedule, and evaluate challenge course student and temporary employees. Develop position progression for employees.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate program processes to increase student employee responsibility and maximize efficiency.
- Develop, market, deliver, and evaluate recreational programs.
- Perform, schedule, and document all course and equipment inspections and repairs, including minor repairs at heights over 50’. Create and manage program budget.
- Contribute to the Campus Recreation Department and the University of South Florida by serving on various committees, as assigned, including strategic planning, assessment, and learning outcomes.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with at least one year of experience managing experiential programs. Degree's in: Management, Leadership, Psychology, Education, Recreation or related field; work experience may not substitute for the Bachelor's degree requirement for this position. *Current Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT) Challenge Course Manager certification or ability to obtain within 30 days.
A Master's degree in Leadership, Management, Human Resource Development, Organizational Development, Organizational Psychology or related field. With 1 to 3 years of professional experience. Graduate assistantship counts towards professional experience. *ACCT Qualified Professional for Level 1 and Level 2 Trainer/Tester.
Challenge Course Practitioner Portfolio required, ACCT format preferred
Work outdoors at heights over 50 ft in all weather conditions
Current ACCT Challenge Course Manager certification or obtain within 30 days
Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
Qualified ACCT CCP Level 2 Trainer/Tester
Student development principles
Some weekend and evening work.