Spanish Instructor Abroad
Spanish Instructors Wanted to Teach Summer Courses in Central & South America and Spain!
Broadreach is a leader in experiential programs abroad for middle school, high school, and college aged students. Over the past 26 years, more than 18,000 students have traveled with Broadreach to over 40 countries.
Our mission is to challenge students to broaden their perspectives through new experiences and environments, to inspire them to develop lifelong skills, to discover and explore their passions, and to empower them to reach beyond self-imposed limitations and take charge of their future.
Broadreach instructors inspire students each day, fostering personal growth and cultivating leadership development. They prioritize safety and are energetic role models who excel in building meaningful relationships with their students. Leading a Broadreach program is a fun, rewarding, and demanding position.
Spanish Instructors teach a college level language course that focuses on Spanish language development and increasing awareness of social, environmental and cultural issues in the communities we visit. Our programs combine classroom learning, practical application of skills, homestays, cultural activities, and service learning activities. Instructors participate in adventure activities with students from rafting to surfing to hiking and more.
Broadreach maintains a small group size of 12 students or less led by two instructors. Programs can be mentally and physically challenging for students and instructors which makes maintaining a positive attitude essential. Our strongest instructors are flexible, team players who excel in quickly changing scenarios, while maintaining a supportive, fun and cohesive community.
· Masters degree or PhD in Spanish language or related field.
· Experience teaching Spanish at the high school or college level strongly preferred.
· Strong decision making and problem solving skills, able to work without direct supervision and adaptable to often changing, dynamic environments.
· Passion for mentoring and motivating students and fostering cultural learning.
· Physically fit and comfortable participating in outdoor activities such as hiking, rafting, rock climbing, snorkeling, etc.
· Demonstrated success working on diverse teams with a collaborative mindset.
· Great communication skills and a professional demeanor to serve as a Broadreach ambassador to our international partners throughout the world.
· Able to attend staff training in Raleigh, North Carolina the first week of June.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
· Significant time spent in Latin America and/or Spain.
· Experiential program leading experience or previous work with students outside of the classroom.
· Experience leading and coordinating community service projects preferred.
· Some programs require a valid driver’s license and the ability to operate a manual vehicle.
· Open availability from early June to early August increases chance of placement.
Hear Broadreach students share their experience participating on a language program with Broadreach
To apply: please submit your resume and availability to www.broadreachstaff.com
Multiple Positions Available