Spring Internship - Free Housing, Plus Pay
Houston Parks and Recreation Department has openings for Spring Internships with housing at Lake Houston Wilderness Park.
Lake Houston Wilderness Park Intern:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with all aspects of park operations, grounds maintenance, and facility maintenance
- Assist the Park Naturalist with programming and the Nature Center - care for live animals, develop programs, and instruction.
- Assist Park Manager with research projects
- Assist the park reservation staff
- A special internship project will be assigned
- Undergraduate with Junior - Senior standing, or a recent college graduate
- Must be available to work weekends; flexible weekday hours
- Have a strong interest in the outdoor education, environmental education, or parks and recreation
- Individuals must be detail oriented, organized, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- $12.00/hr plus free housing is available during the term
The spring semester typically begins on January 2nd and ends on June 2nd. However, start and end dates are negotiable to accommodate applicants varying academic/personal schedules.