Spring Internship - Free Housing, Plus Pay
The Houston Parks and Recreation Department has spring semester openings for Internships at Lake Houston Wilderness Park.
Lake Houston Wilderness Park Intern:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with all aspects of park operations, grounds maintenance, and facility maintenance
- Assist the Park Naturalist with programming and the Nature Center - care for live animals, develop programs, and instruction.
- Assist Park Manager with research projects
- Assist the park reservation staff
- A special internship project will be assigned
- Undergraduate with Junior - Senior standing, or a recent college graduate
- Must be available to work weekends; flexible weekday hours
- Have a strong interest in the outdoor education, outdoor education, or parks and recreation field
- Individuals must be detail oriented, organized, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- $12.00/hr plus free housing is available during the term
The spring semester begins January 17, 2018 and ends May 20, 2018.