Spring Outdoor Science Instructor-
Spring Outdoor Science Instructor
Temporary Full-Time position near Fossil, OR scheduled February through June 2018.
Do you have a passion for teaching, the outdoors, and science? Join the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) team as an Outdoor Science Instructor and help inspire curiosity in an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for children across the northwest. You’ll be surrounded by the John Day Fossil Beds National Monument and experience an up-close look at globally significant paleontology and crystal-clear nights to see the stars. As an Outdoor Science Instructor, you’ll participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science, technology and design, and weave a thriving innovation district into the fabric of Portland, that spreads opportunities across the Northwest.
What you’ll do:
• Teach concept-based, natural science curriculum, utilizing a mix of outdoor and classroom settings for students K-12, as well as adult learners.
• Prepare daily lesson plans, and maintain equipment and teaching supplies for the program.
What you’ll need:
• Minimum 9 months working as an instructor for a residential outdoor education program.
• Working knowledge of the concepts in natural history and ecology.
• Combination of experience and education equivalent to Bachelor's Degree.
• Oregon Food Handlers Card (training is available during non-working days at employee’s expense).
• Current Adult and Pediatric First aid/CPR/AED certification.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check, reference checks, and American Camp Association (ACA) background checks.
• Day rate between $63 - $75, depending on experience.
• Competitive health benefits.
• Paid Oregon Sick Time.
• Onsite living available, including shared staff quarters.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.