Summer Camp Pool Director
Spend a summer in the beautiful Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia. Make a positive difference in the lives of campers from around the globe by managing and directing the swimming pool operations at a residential summer camp.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading, instructing, and managing lifeguards and swim instructors for daily lesson and recreational swim times in a heated swimming pool.
- Checking and logging pool chemicals daily.
- Scheduling, managing, and directing pool cleanings multiple times per week.
- Conducting lifeguard trainings weekly.
- Participating as a key player on the leadership team in the day to day operations of the residential summer camp program.
Qualifications: We are looking for staff with a positive attitude, a spirit of adventure and a desire to impact each camper in a positive way. Sincerity, enthusiasm, sound judgment, constructive communication and a good sense of humor are all qualities that we value in staff. Additional qualifications for this position include:
- Well developed time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to lead, train others, work independently and as part of a team.
- Desire to work with and instruct youth aged 6-16, as well as to serve as a positive role model for youth.
- Current lifeguard certification through a nationally recognized certifying body such as American Red Cross or equivalent.
- Age 21+ required.
- Swim instructor experience and certification preferred but not required.
- Interest in working hard, learning new skills, and taking on new challenges.
Salary/Benefits: Competitive salary, room, board, internet access and time off in wild and wonderful West Virginia. Working with a group of young people is both a challenging and rewarding experience. Both the campers and the staff who participate have endless opportunities to develop new skills, learn about themselves, and meet new people with a wide variety of talents. All this adds up to an incredible summer experience!
June 3 - August 17, 2019