Summer Internship - Free Housing, Plus Pay
The Houston Parks and Recreation Department has openings for summer Internships at Lake Houston Wilderness Park.
Lake Houston Wilderness Park Intern:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with all aspects of park operations, grounds maintenance, and facility maintenance
- Assist the Park Naturalist with programming and the Nature Center - care for live animals, develop programs, and instruction.
- Assist Park Manager with research projects
- Assist the park reservation staff
- A special internship project will be assigned
- Undergraduate with Junior - Senior standing, or a recent college graduate
- Must be available to work weekends; flexible weekday hours
- Have a strong interest in the outdoor education, environmental education, or parks and recreation
- Individuals must be detail oriented, organized, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- $12.00/hr plus free housing is available during the term
The summer semester begins May 25, 2018 and ends August 26, 2018. Start and end dates are negotiable to accommodate student applicants with Junior or Senior standing.