Summer Spanish Instructor Abroad
Spanish Instructors Wanted to Teach Summer Courses in Central & South America and Spain!
Over the past twenty years, Broadreach has taken more than 17,000 students on our study abroad programs to over 40 countries. With programs for middle school, high school and college aged students, Broadreach courses span the globe exploring extraordinary destinations and fascinating topics through hands-on instruction, field research and service learning.
Critical to our success is our team of knowledgeable program leaders who inspire students, foster personal growth and cultivate leadership development. Broadreach instructors prioritize safety and risk management while also serving as mentors and friends to their students. They are engaging, energetic, and fun role models who enjoy building meaningful relationships with students. Leading a Broadreach program is a fulfilling, exciting, and demanding position.
Spanish Instructors teach a college level language course that focuses on Spanish language development and increasing awareness of social, environmental and cultural issues in the communities we visit. Our programs combine classroom learning, practical application of skills, homestays, cultural activities, and service learning activities. Instructors participate in adventure activities with students from rafting to surfing to hiking and more. Programs can be mentally and physically challenging for students and instructors which makes maintaining a positive attitude essential.
Programs are limited to 12 students and led by two instructors to manage everything from delivering course content to leading onshore activities and more. In addition to teaching the curriculum, Spanish Instructors work with their co-leader to supervise students 24/7, facilitate group dynamics, lead games and community service activities, and other program tasks. Flexibility, teamwork, the ability to multi-task, and provide a fun, positive and cohesive community are all important requirements.
· Master degree or PhD in Spanish language or related field.
· Experience teaching Spanish at the high school or college level strongly preferred.
· Experience leading and coordinating community service projects preferred.
· Previous experience facilitating a group and understanding group dynamic concepts.
· Passion for mentoring and motivating students and fostering cultural learning.
· Physically fit and able to actively participate in outdoor activities such as hiking, rafting, rock climbing, snorkeling, etc.
· Demonstrated success working on diverse teams with a collaborative mindset.
· Great communication skills and a professional demeanor to serve as an ambassador to our international partners throughout the world.
· Able to attend staff training in Raleigh, North Carolina the first week of June.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
· Significant time spent in Latin America and/or Spain.
· Experiential program leading experience or previous work with students outside of the classroom.
· Some programs require a valid driver’s license and the ability to operate a manual vehicle.
· Open availability from early June to early August increases chance of placement.
Open availability from late May to mid-August increases chance of placement.