Term-Limited Athletic Communications Assistant
Term-Limited Athletic Communications Assistant
University of Puget Sound
Job ID: 4914
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Appointment: Term-limited, part-time position. Anticipated to start as soon as possible and last through mid-May 2020, depending on continued university needs. Exact schedule to be determined with supervisior.
This position will assist in providing communications services for the 23 varsity sports, including home event coordinator, website and social media content, and historical archive maintenance. This position will assist in the supervision of event support staff, including students.
Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, sports management or a related field highly desired.
Demonstrated written and verbal proficiency (AP style writing)
Understanding of sports regulations
Experience in video production, graphic design and Stat Crew software (preferred)
Ability to work weekend and evenings as required
Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community
The following physical requirements are specified due to work that takes place in a variety of indoor and outdoor environments, including press boxes, stadiums, athletic fields, as well as office environments.
• Must be able to stand for periods of time (and with inclement weather)
• Must be able to climb at least three flights of stairs without assistance
• Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds without assistance
Compensation and Benefits: Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
This position is non-exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
This position is not eligible for benefits.
Application Deadline: Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified.
• Letter of Interest
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment.
• We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
• We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.
• We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: https://apptrkr.com/1513062
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.