Warehouse Manager-Marble, CO
The Rocky Mountain Program (RMP) Warehouse Manager works with the RMP team to provide support to the warehouse and logistics systems at the LMC. The Warehouse Manager is an entry level position with supervisory responsibilities in the day-to-day operation of the Marble warehouse, including general warehouse and course-related resource management, organization and cleanliness. The Warehouse Manager may also be involved in logistics training, scheduling and mentoring of staff, and supervising Support Interns and Logistics Coordinators (LCs).
Responsibilities and Duties
• Work closely with Program Operation Leadership team, APD of Logistics and Logistic Manager to ensure high quality logistical support for all our courses and students.
• Maintain warehouse systems to ensure easy packing, cleaning, repairing, and inventorying of gear, food, and supplies.
• Role model and supervise new and returning staff to warehouse and logistics procedures to ensure appropriate levels of food and equipment for each course maintain efficient operation and cleanliness.
• Oversee weekly vehicle checks. Report maintenance and monthly mileage to Logistics Manager.
• Manage gear repair and provide information to Logistics team on equipment conditions and needs.
• Ability to safely drive students and support vehicles throughout the mountain states.
• Assist with other support duties including but not limited to transporting students, food shopping, food and gear packing, gear repairs.
• Oversee warehouse cleanliness and food room re-stock prior to courses packing out.
• Assist with pre-season preparation.
• Promote a positive and inclusive community attitude in support of COBS.
• Uphold and follow all policies and procedures.
• Assist with base camp upkeep, standards, and systems, including ensuring dorms are stocked and clean for courses.
• Attend community/morning meetings regularly.
• Assist in planning and executing RMP staff events and celebrations.
• Participate in the LC on-call system as assigned.
• Respond to field emergencies as needed.
• Manage/conduct inventories of food, gear, course supplies, and First Aid; report needs to Logistics Manager.
• Assist with annual equipment inventory.
• Oversee receipt of food and gear orders, track incoming invoices and receipts.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
• Direct course support as LC as assigned.
• Facilitate Warehouse meetings and resource allocation as requested.
• Participate in refining efficient, comprehensive tools for course support responsibilities.
• Assist with local food and gear procurement as requested.
• Assist with trainings as needed.
• Participate in other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
• Knowledge of OB programs and skill requirements.
• Ability to work both independently and cooperatively as a team member.
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
• Able to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Very strong and effective communicator, both written and oral.
• Proficient with PC in Word® and Excel®.
• WFR/ CPR preferred. WFA required.
• Safe, conscientious driver, experience with trailers, manual transmission and passenger vans preferred.
• Clean driving license required.
Education and Work Experience
• 2-3 years’ experience in the outdoor education/experiential learning field or any similar combination of education and experience is preferred.
• Outward Bound or other wilderness expeditionary experience (OB, NOLS multi-day course or equivalent) preferred.
• Experience creating and maintaining complex organization systems preferred.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Ability to lift and move a minimum of 40 pounds.
• Ability to be on your feet 70% of the time.
Location & Schedule
• Works out of the Leadville Mountain Center in Leadville, CO.
• Flexibility to work some evenings and holidays required, position may have on-call responsibilities.
• Occasional travel required.
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation: Daily rate $89-$96
- Pro-deal eligible.
- Housing stipend of $400 for base accommodation
- Meals provided during Summer months